Can you believe its been more than a week since our big Grand Opening Celebration? If you weren’t able to join us, we’ve got a bunch of pictures available on our Facebook page.
We also recently had a visit from authors Eoin Colfer and Jonathan Stroud as part of the 2015 Greater Rochester Teen Read. Pictures from that event can also be found on our Facebook page.
Are you eagerly awaiting the return of StoryTime? Well, good news, our Fall StoryTime Season will begin on Monday, September 28 and run through Thursday, November 19. Here’s the complete schedule:
Mondays at 10:30 AM
Thursdays at 10:30 AM
Ages 0-23 months. Enjoy the company of other babies and caregivers while supporting your baby’s literacy through stories, songs and rhythm. No registration necessary. (No BabyTime on Monday, October 12 and Thursday, October 15)
Mondays at 11:30 AM
Tuesdays at 10:30 AM or 1:00 PM
Wednesdays at 10:30 AM
Thursdays at 11:30 AM
Ages 2-5. Storytime is a series of 20-30 minute programs of fun and literacy support for young children. Each session features stories, songs, finger plays and more with a different theme each week. No registration necessary. (No StoryTime on Monday, October 12, Thursday, October 15, and Wednesday, November 11)
Evening Stories & Crafts
Thursday, October 15 at 6:30 PM
Thursday, November 19 at 6:30 PM
Ages 2 and up. Enjoy a short storytime, then make a related craft to take home. These storytimes are usually based on a holiday theme. No registration necessary.
The Irondequoit Public Library Book Sale Room is open for business. We have hundreds of new and used books starting at $0.50! Come in and have a look around. The Book Sale Room is located around the corner from the front entrance, just before the elevator. Here’s what you can expect to find:
- Books in “Like-New” condition start at $2
- Most other Hardcovers/Trade Paperbacks will be $1 while smaller Paperbacks are just $0.25
- Library Discards are only $1 including Children’s Books, Teen Fiction, and Classic Authors
- Music CDs, DVDs, and Books on CD start at $1
- Vintage and Collectible Titles will be priced individually
- Current issues of popular Magazines are $1, and all other Magazines are just $0.25
Please Note: All Book Sale Room items can be paid for at the Circulation Desk and Sales Tax will be added to all purchases. Also, don’t forget to visit our Amazon Store for online sales of rare and antiquarian books.
If you’ve had a chance to visit the New Irondequoit Public Library, you know that it’s quite a bit bigger than the two branches. We can help you find your way around…
1. Main Entrance
2. Circulation Desk
4. Meeting Rooms
5. Children’s Library
6. Story Room
7. Activity Room
8. Book Sale Room
9. Large Print and Periodicals
10. New Books, DVDs, and Audiobooks
- When you first enter the building, you’ll see the Information Desk to your right.
- Just beyond the Information Desk, on your left, is the Circulation Desk. Returns can be placed in the slots and a Self-Checkout Machine is available at the end of the counter.
- Continuing past the Circulation Desk, you’ll the Children’s Library on your left. The Story Room is in there and an Activity Room for craft programs.
- If you keep going past the Children’s Library, you’ll the Large Print collection and Newspapers/Magazines just behind the staircase.
- Walking all the way around the staircase, you’ll see our Display Cases.
- Beyond the Display Cases, you’ll find the New Books, DVDs, and Audiobooks.
- If you turn to your left, you’ll see the Book Sale Room, the Elevator, and the hallway to the Meeting Rooms and the Bathrooms.
But let’s turn right and head up the stairs…
11. Maker’s Lab
12. Quiet Room
13. Conference Rooms
14. Study Rooms
15. DVDs/Blu-rays/Video Games
16. Adult Fiction
17. Adult Non-Fiction
18. Travel Books
19. Paperback Fiction
20. Books on CD
21. Computer Lab
22. Teen Library
- Climb the stairs and turn right to find our Maker’s Lab. You’ll find a 3D Printer, a Mac for video production, a sewing machine, and other creative tools in the Maker’s Lab.
- Just past the Maker’s Lab is the Teen Library, which includes a bank of computers and study spaces.
- Continuing past the Teen Library, you’ll see Bathrooms to your left and the Reference Desk to your right.
- Stop by and ask us a question at the Reference Desk or take a seat in our Computer Lab, which also has a printer, a copier, a scanner, a fax machine, and another Self-Checkout Machine.
- Just outside the Computer Lab is the start of our main collection. Signs will direct you to all the Fiction, Non-Fiction, DVDs, Audiobooks, and more you could ever want.
- Going clockwise around the upstairs, you’ll find larger Conference Rooms along the wall and the Quiet Room in the back corner.
- Looping back along the other side of the upstairs will take you past our large Seating Area and the smaller Study Rooms.
- And now you’re back at the top of the stairs.
September 9th, 2015 by IPL Webmaster in Adults, Kids, Teens · Comments Off on 3… 2… 1… The New Irondequoit Library is Now Open ·
It’s a new chapter for the Irondequoit Public Library as our brand new building at 1290 Titus Ave. is now open for business. We’re still working out all the kinks, but please stop by and say hello, grab a book, or just to have a look around.
Also, we’d like to invite everyone to join us for the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony and Grand Opening Celebration on Saturday, September 12.
To every citizen of Irondequoit, thank you for all your support.
August 19th, 2015 by IPL Webmaster in Adults, Kids, Teens · Comments Off on New Irondequoit Library Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on September 12 ·
We hope you’ll join us on Saturday, September 12 to celebrate the Grand Opening of the New Irondequoit Public Library. A Ribbon Cutting Ceremony will take place at 10:00 AM, followed by food, music, and other activities!
GRAND OPENING CELEBRATION
10:00 AM: Ribbon Cutting Ceremony (Main Entrance)
11:00AM: Irondequoit High School Jazz Quartet (1st Floor)
11:00 AM – 1:00 PM: Hands-On Demonstrations With Adventures in Chemistry and Physics from Eastman Kodak (Maker’s Lab, 2nd Floor)
11:30 AM: Storytime With Mouse from If You Give a Mouse A Cookie (Children’s Story Room, 1st Floor)
11:30 AM – 1:30 PM: Face Painting (Children’s Library, 1st Floor)
12:00 PM: Storytime With Elmo (Children’s Story Room, 1st Floor)
12:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Balloon Twisting (Children’s Library)
12:30 PM: Storytime With Curious George (Children’s Story Room)
1:00 PM – 1:30 PM: Acapella Performance With A Positive Note (1st Floor)
GRAND OPENING CELEBRATION – ONGOING EVENTS
ALL DAY – Refreshments courtesy of Wegmans in the Meeting Room (1st Floor)
ALL DAY – Crafts in the Children’s Activity Room (1st Floor)
ALL WEEK – Library Scavenger Hunt… Follow the clues around the library to find a surprise. The first clue is located in the Teen Library at the beginning of the Non-Fiction Books (2nd Floor)
ALL WEEK – Giveaways and raffles for children, teens, and adults (1st and 2nd Floor)
ALL MONTH – Sign-up for a Library Card and receive a Free Hold Card and keychain