The Irondequoit Art Club’s Annual Holiday Arts and Crafts show and sale is open now (and continues until Sunday, December 6) at the Irondequoit Public Library. Attendees of November 28th’s Opening Day will get to take part in free entertainment and art demonstrations from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM:
- 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM – Jazz Pianist Tom Tosti
- 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM – Tole Painting with Marge Maeske
- 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM – Keyboardist Mike Costello
- 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM – On A Positive Note (Acapella Group)
- 2:00 PM to 2:20 PM – Creative Scarf Tying with Sam Shrestha
- 2:30 PM to 3:00 PM – Flutist Jean Smith accompanied by Arlene Miller
- 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM – Emily and I (singer and guitarist)
- 4:40 PM to Close – Portrait Art with David Pell
The Irondequoit Art Club told us that 38 talented artists, representing many media styles, will be offering their original and unique items for sale this year. Artwork and gifts available to purchase include paintings, hand-crafted jewelry, note cards, art prints, ceramics, sculpture, fiber art, hand-dyed silks, stained glass, and holiday-themed items.
If you’ve still got some Black Friday shopping to do, don’t forget about us at the Irondequoit Public Library. From now until December 31, you can stop in at the library and pick up a Discount Hold Card for $6.00 that’s good for 10 holds (cards can only be used at the Irondequoit Library). That’s a savings of $4.00 off of the current hold fee (which is regularly $1.00 per hold). Best of all, the cards never expire, and they’re good forever. They make great stocking stuffers, so stock up today!
Discount Hold Cards can be purchased from the Main Desk on the first floor. Thank you for all your support!
Happy (Almost) Thanksgiving everyone! Because of the upcoming holiday, the Irondequoit Public Library will have reduced hours this week:
Monday, November 23 (Regular Hours)
Tuesday, November 24 (Regular Hours)
10:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Wednesday, November 25 (Reduced Hours)
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday, November 26 (Closed)
Friday, November 27 (Regular Hours)
Saturday, November 28 (Regular Hours)
Sunday, November 29 (Regular Hours)
Friday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
The Irondequoit Public Library will be closed on Wednesday, November 11 for Veterans Day. Regular hours will resume on Thursday, November 12 at 10:00 AM.
If you’d like to help us honor our veterans, a special Veterans Day Observance, sponsored by American Legion Post #134, will be held on the Town Hall Campus at 10:45 AM on Wednesday.
Since opening the doors of the New Irondequoit Public Library on September 9th, we’ve greeted a lot of library patrons who have come to explore the building. But have you wondered just how busy we’ve been?
(9/9 – 9/30)
(870 per day)
(3,097 per day)
2,039 Raffle Tickets were submitted in our Grand Opening Door Prizes, too.
So as you can see, we’ve been very busy, and we wouldn’t want it any other way! Thank you to everyone who has visited the New Irondequoit Public Library in the last two months. We’ve got a lot planned for the rest of the year and into 2016, so please visit us soon!
November 3rd, 2015 by IPL Webmaster in Adults, Teens · No Comments ·
The votes have been counted and Irondequoit has spoken… these are your favorite books of all time!
Congratulations to all our Barnes & Noble Gift Card winners and we hope that everyone else finds another new favorite for their bookshelf!
Irondequoit’s Top 25 Books of All Time
1. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
2. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
3. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
4. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
5. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
6. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
7. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
8. The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins
9. NOS4A2 by Joe Hill
10. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
11. The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty
12. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
13. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
14. The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings
15. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
16. Duma Key by Stephen King
17. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
18. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
19. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
20. Let’s Pretend this Never Happened by Jenny Lawson
21. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
22. The Girl in the Spider’s Web by David Lagercrantz
23. Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
24. The Stand by Stephen King
25. The Marriage of Opposites by Alice Hoffman